Video Tutorial: https://youtu.be/16CcS7dj0zs
- YOU MUST HAVE MAXFORLIVE TO USE THIS DEVICE.
THIS DEVICE ONLY WORKS IN ABLETON LIVE 11 SUITE or STANDARD. IF YOU HAVE LIVE 11 STANDARD - MAXFORLIVE MUST BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY.
- THIS DEVICE DOES NOT WORK IN LIVE 10.
THIS IS NOT A VST. THIS WILL NOT WORK IN OTHER DAWS SUCH AS FL STUDIO.
What Is Duck Buddy?
This maxforlive device triggers a custom gain reduction shape when it detects a MIDI note from the selected source. Drop a Duck Buddy on your bassline and select your Drum Rack as the MIDI source. Select the Kick drum cell as your channel. Perfect sidechain!
Forget using compressors and other tools like LFOtool and Gatekeeper. This is the ultimate way to sidechain. With lookahead and the ramp/smooth settings you can achieve a clickless sidechain with ease!
Created by Jarlyk, Iggylabs & Slynk.
Thanks to Floodstate and the rest of the Slynk Bugs Discord Server for bug testing and cheering us on.
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/ZGMepNk
Ableton Live Suite 11.2.5+ (with packaged maxforlive)
This is not a VST. This will not work in any other DAW besides Ableton 11. You must have MaxForLive to use this device.
- Updated 19 Oct 2022 - Updated to v1.5 with a small fix that hopefully solves the issue some users are having when loading big projects and their Duck Buddies lose their routing and lose the lookahead (where it delays the signal, but doesn't actually compensate latency).
- Updated 04 Oct 2021 - Fixed a bug where sometimes there was latency frozen into the device.
- Updated 01 Oct 2021 - Fixed a bug where sometimes the lookahead setting was not preserved during save/opening a project.
- Updated 23 Sept 2021 - Fixed an issue where editing the shape in the large waveform view would cause the shape not to save when duplicating or save/opening your project.
- Updated 22 Sept 2021 - Fixed memory leak causing alot of lag and crashing.
- Updated 20 Sept 2021 - Released the youtube video. The Duck is out of the bag!
For a while, during development, this plugin was called "Duck Boy" but I quickly decided to rename it to "Duck Buddy". The music industry is already so male dominated, so I didn't want to give the plugin a male gender, potentially further alienating the women producers out there. It's a small thing but I think subtle things like this push women away from music production and careers within the music industry. And I think we should be doing everything we can to create a comfortable atmosphere for those women looking to get involved in the music industry. This ain't no boys club.